Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Frustrated

I'm feeling very frustrated with my life at the moment. I think I'm going about things all wrong. I try to have some time to myself at night before I go to bed, but the boys always seem to interrupt that time. If I were to get up really early in the morning, they would probably stay sleeping and I could have the time to myself that I want. I hate getting up early! I'm frustrated with my job because I have so little control over things. I don't know if its going to work out. I know that there has to be something out there that I can do and do well. I don't like the work that I'm doing and it makes me not want to do it. David is frustrated too because he wants to do so much more than we are doing. I don't blame him. I feel like we are capable of so much more but we have stupid things holding us back. Like money...

Currently Brandon and Xander are sitting on the kitchen floor playing with Fridge Phonics letter magnets. (Which is really teaching Brandon his alphabet!) I'm grateful that they are starting to play together and occupy each other for short periods of time, but I'm looking forward to longer stretches. I'm still not managing my time well enough and things are just getting crazy around here again.

I have been sticking to the Weight Watchers program though, which is a plus. I've also been able to get David and Amanda on board. Hopefully we will all be able to support and motivate each other enough to stick with it and lose some weight. I figured out today that I've lost 15% of my body weight since I had Xander. That's awesome! My goal is to lose 35%. I would like to lose 15 lbs. by Easter. I'm hoping that is not unreasonable. I seem to be doing really well when I stick to the plan. :)

Brandon helped Xander clap his hands today. It was so cute. He likes to give him things to hold in his hands. The other day he was tickling him and Xander was just cracking up! He just loves watching Brandon and when Brandon pays attention to him. They are playing with a ball now on the kitchen floor and Brandon is laughing a lot. I had to tell him to take the ball to Xander because he just wanted to sit in my lap which makes it hard for me to type. Or think for that matter. Brandon got tired of the ball game and decided to whip his blanket at his brothers face. I told him to give him a kiss and say "Sorry Xander" and he did! How cute these two are. I'm a lucky mom.

No comments: