Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Life With My Boys

My son Brandon just turned two on Monday the 18th. We took him for his two year check-up yesterday and for the first time I think it really hit me that my little guy is not a baby anymore. Instead of stripping him down to his diaper I just had to take his coat and shoes off. He stood on the scale like a big boy and the nurse got his weight and height. He looked so cute. I was very proud of him. I looked at his little brother, Xander, sleeping in his car seat and thought that it wasn't that long ago that Brandon would sleep in there as I carried him around. How quickly life passes. My mom said something today that reaffirmed for me what I've known all along. What would we have to live for if not our children/grandchildren?

I've always wanted a large family. That hasn't changed even after two boys. I very much would like to have a daughter some day and even adopt a child or two. I'm fortunate enough that I've been able to work from home and be with my children everyday. My husband and I don't always do things the way other people think that we should do them. For instance, both of our sons sleep in bed with us. I breastfed Brandon until he was nine months old and I'm still nursing Xander at seven months. Night feedings are just easier with them in the bed.

I love being a mom but that doesn't mean there aren't moments when I want to pull my hair out because the baby's crying and Brandon won't stop screaming and grabbing me saying "up please!" I feel as if I do the same things over and over everyday yet nothing is ever done. Get up change diapers, do laundry, unload the dishwasher... another day without the dollar. Then I look into the smiling faces of my precious little angels and I know that I have been blessed beyond my wildest dreams.

Thank you, Jesus!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bobi,
I love what you have written so far it's beautiful and yes kids are a blessing. You never know how much your life changes. People say that they can't even imagine life without there children, and now I know exactly what they mean.
Love always,
Amanda