Thursday, February 21, 2008

Quiet Day at Home

When I woke up this morning I had lots of plans to get things done as usual. As the day went by though I found that I was just too tired to get any of it done. Not just physically tired, but mentally tired. So I decided to take some time to relax and play with the kids today. I still did some cleaning around the house, baths and whatever but we didn't go out into the cold for anything.

Brandon took his nap without his "bubba" today which is huge step for him. He did wake up looking for it though so he's not totally over them. He gave up the pacifier and bottle without any problems but I think he's going to put up a fight for his "bubba" and his "ninnies" (what he calls his blankets). His pediatrician seems to think that he is a big boy now and shouldn't need a "bubba" (which are the soft spouted Nuby sippy cups) but the boy is addicted to them. He's even started sucking on them when there is nothing in them which is what got me concerned. So we're working on kicking this bad habit of his hopefully sooner than later.

Xander will be seven months tomorrow. The time is passing so quickly. Since the day he was born I've been amazed at how different two people born from the same parents can be. Xander and Brandon are opposites in many ways. Xander never took the pacifier - Brandon loved his. Xander was fussier when he was first born than Brandon. Xander is a baldy and Brandon was born with a head of hair. Both are friendly and quick to smile most of the time though. Xander actually is the spitting image of his father. Everyone said that Brandon looked like his Daddy and now they say Xander is a "mini me." Doesn't bother me though. I think they're both adorable!

No comments: