Sunday, April 28, 2013

Answer to Prayer?

I was reading through some old posts in my blog tonight.  Honestly, its been a while since I've posted much of anything on here.  There always seems to be more important things to do.  Whether or not that's true, I always enjoy going back and reading through my old posts.  Afterall that's what this blog is all about for me, preserving memories for the future.  I came across a particular post that brought tears to my eyes.  http://biederwoman.blogspot.com/2011/08/sorry-son-daddy-has-to-go-to-work.html

It's a short post about my son pretending to be his dad "going to work."  The boys missed their dad and always looked forward to his days off.  They would pray "that Daddy can play games with us."  David was working a lot back then.  He spent as much time as he could with them but it wasn't enough.  That was August 2011.  Fast forward to January 2012 and he lost his job.  Fourteen years with the company and just like that.  Boom.

It wasn't easy.  God had another plan for us.

It's been almost two years.  The boys still ask, "When is Daddy's day off?" but they get to spend so much more time with him.  He's able to be so much more a part of their everyday life than he was before.  They love their daddy and he loves them.   Did God answer their prayers?  I think He did.

No comments: