Monday, May 21, 2012

To Camp or Not to Camp

This is the first time I've ever been at the end of my pregnancy and NOT wanted to go into labor.  We're hoping to go camping this weekend (Memorial Weekend) - well, the kids and I are.  David cooperates but camping is not his favorite thing to do.  I'm 36 weeks.  I'll be 37 on Thursday.  I know the chances of me going into labor before we go are about 50/50 and the chances of me going into labor when we're gone are probably more like 75/50 because Brandon and Xander were both born by 37 weeks.  Isabella hung in there for what seemed like forever and was born at 38 1/2 weeks even though I wanted so badly for her to come out!  What are the chances that the girls would be similar in that way?

If she's born then great! We stay home and have a baby but if she's not, why sit at home and do nothing when we could be out camping with friends?  I've been told by many people that I'm crazy for still wanting to go camping.  I blow them off of course, but a tiny part of me is screaming "They're right!  I'm going to go into labor and have this baby on the side of the road!"  That's probably extreme but I do have to admit it is a little scary to think of what COULD happen.  I did talk with my doctor though which gave me some confidence that everything will be fine.

So will we go camping or will we have a baby and stay home?  If we go camping, will we leave in a rush for the hospital?  Only God knows and only time will tell...

No comments: